Instructor, Software Engineering
Kenzie Academy is a tech apprenticeship and coding school. We offer a 6-month to 2-year program as a new alternative to traditional colleges.
Kenzie Academy aims to tackle a major opportunities gap in America. Applying a forward-thinking education model, including project-based learning, critical- and soft-skills training, as well as apprenticeship, our mission is to develop a new talent pool and attract technology jobs to Middle America.
Who you are
You are skilled at programming in the Python language.
You are comfortable with at least one of the Python web frameworks, Flask or Django (ideally both).
You have experience with either MongoDB or some variant of SQL (especially PostgreSQL or MySQL).
You are knowledgeable about algorithmic complexity and passionate about problem-solving.
You have experience hosting applications on a cloud platform (especially AWS or Google Cloud Platform).
- You have a desire to teach students of all ages and backgrounds in computer programming.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
What You'll Do
- Provide instruction and support to students in the software engineering program.
- Work closely with our head of curriculum to develop curriculum.
- Work closely with the admissions team to help interview future students.