Full-Stack Web Developer (Career Track)
Graduates of this program have the skills to be versatile, Full-Stack Web Developers. Full Stack Web Developers develop all layers of a website or web application, including the front-end and back-end logic and databases, and how the front-end and back-end communicates together.
Students learn to develop production ready end-to-end web applications. Students will learn to scale back-end applications, consider performance of the application, and understand security best practices to reduce an application’s vulnerability to hacking.
During the first 6 months of training, students complete the Front-End Web Developer curriculum.
During the second six months of the program, the program covers Back-End topics including:
- Flask microframework
- Shell scripting to automate builds and deployment
- Introduction to virtual machines and/or containers
- Data modeling best practices
- Advanced use of relational databases and SQL
- Django framework
- Empirical performance measurement
- Introduction to algorithmic complexity
- Introduction to application security
- Server side image processing (e.g. recompression and thumbnailing of user-uploaded images)
- Logging and analytics
- Load balancing across multiple application servers
- Sharding of databases