About Kenzie Academy:
Kenzie Academy is pioneering a new model in education to develop people hungry for a career in tech. Utilizing cutting-edge curriculum, industry practitioners as teachers, and on-the-job project-based learning, we are closing the talent gap and developing innovators with skills, passion, and purpose. Kenzie offers programs in Software Engineering and UX Engineering.
- Developing project-based learning opportunities, including the creation of starter code, writing step-by-step instructions, and collaborating with our Learning Science team to develop grading rubrics.
- Writing content to introduce or reinforce topics related to provided learning outcomes. In some cases, content is already written but needs to be revised for improved accessibility.
- Collaborating with instructional staff to incorporate instructor and student feedback into the curriculum.
- Train and prepare instructional staff on technical aspects of the curriculum.
- Recording videos of live walkthroughs or quick explainers.
- Creating quizzes and other types of formative assessments.
- Proofreading and testing curriculum with a beginner’s mindset.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development. Relevant teaching experience, or demonstrated technical ability (through technical interviews, work product, and portfolio of engineering or teaching work) may be considered as equivalent.
- You are skilled at programming in Java.
- You have experience working on a remote team and using remote communication tools such as live chat, video conferencing, and virtual breakout rooms.
- You have a desire to teach students of all ages and backgrounds in computer programming.
- You are excited to experiment with new approaches to education.
- You are a passionate problem-solver.
- You have taught introductory programming or computer science classes for 1+ years.
- You have experience working with teams of teaching assistants, tutors, or similar instructional support staff.
- You have experience training and mentoring instructional support staff to “lead through questioning” and engage effectively with students with diverse learning styles.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You enjoy translating ideas into words, visuals, and examples.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Kenzie
Kenzie Academy was founded to tackle a major opportunities gap. Fast-growing technology companies concentrated in expensive coastal cities are struggling to hire tech talent. Meanwhile, a large population of aspiring individuals across the country could help fill these talent needs. Kenzie’s mission is to equip people in the US with the necessary skills, experience, and access needed to build successful careers in tech.
Who We Serve & Where We Work
Kenzie believes access to the forward-looking education required for modern careers should be available to the best and brightest, regardless of where they come from, or what their financial circumstances are. Demographically, Kenzie focuses on creating access to well-paying tech jobs for individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds. Geographically, Kenzie focuses on catalyzing tech ecosystems in the Midwest.
Kenzie vs. Coding Bootcamps
Kenzie Academy addresses the gap between four-year universities and short-term coding bootcamps. As advancements in tech continue to accelerate, traditional universities are struggling to keep up with the latest programming technologies. While coding bootcamps attempt to tackle the skills gap through six to twelve week programs, they produce graduates who are not yet ready to fill the stringent demand of today’s employers. Kenzie believes one-year programs are better at preparing graduates for the job market.
EEOC: Kenzie Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kenzie does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO INFO@KENZIE.ACADEMY